Actions

Work Header

Journey's End

Summary:

PWP in my KDU. Set in the Peace of Amiens. William returns from a trip to see his sisters. He is pleased to see Archie and the feeling is oh so mutual. This is the companion piece to Reunion. Which is the same scene as this story but from Archies pov. The most wonderful black_hound inspired this fic. She drew me a most goo worthy Archie/William picture for my birthday. Thanks to fairestcat for the beta. Love you sweetie.

Work Text:

William had expected to reach town at just after three, but had written Archie that he would be arriving at four to keep him from worrying if he was delayed. He had known the weather would delay them again, but he had never expected such a catalogue of woes. He wasn't sure of the exact time when he finally stumbled off the coach -- his watch had been cracked as they dug the damn thing out of the ditch -- but he was certain it was gone six, could even be close to seven. Archie will be worried. He hunched his shoulders, trying to stop all the warmth bleeding out of him; it felt like he was never going to get home. The streams of water pouring down these damned streets would wash him away or the wind would sweep him northwards. He angrily navigated the idiots who seemed in no rush to get out of the weather. Don't they have someone waiting for them? He just wanted to be home. Warmth, shelter, and Archie beckoned.

William hoped Archie had not been so concerned as to brave this tempest to seek some news of him -- a hope he knew was becoming more futile with each passing minute. Gritting his teeth, he picked up speed. At this point he little cared if he walked into anyone foolish enough to get in his way. Finally, his bleary eyes met the welcome sight of the street where their lodgings lay; he picked up speed further, hardly noticing when he trod through a puddle. Home.

There was a no more welcome sight then Archie's worried gaze meeting his as he burst into the room. He hadn't meant to complain, but the frustrations of the day burst out of him nevertheless. Archie listened while he rambled, all the while gently easing him out of his dripping clothes. The heat of the room was bliss and Archie's hands were a salve on his frazzled mood. It is good to see him. "You're a sight for sore eyes."

Archie steered him gently to the armchair by the fire. William savoured the care, feeling the tension ease out of him. When Archie made to draw away he was reluctant to lose the contact; this was all he needed.

“Archie.”

He saw the shadow of unhappiness still lingering in Archie's steady gaze and knew its cause. The gentle touch on his hair almost made him purr and he laughed, totally content.

Archie made to pull away from him again and William frowned. He was about to complain when a wet cold drip tickled down his neck; he had forgotten about his sopping hair. He reached for the towel Archie had fetched, but his lover had other ideas and William had no argument with them. None at all.

Oh God, the feel of his lips, his hands -- Heat washed through William and he gave himself over to the feeling. I have become such a hedonist. There was no way back, Archie had ruined him and he wouldn't have it any other way.

He snaked his hands around Archie's back, inhaling his familiar scent, enjoying the feel of him. He tastes so good. William pulled Archie closer, as if by mere pressure he could merge their bodies together. Life doesn't get any better than this.

Despite the heat of arousal, William was still cold. The rain and wind had soaked into his bones and he fought down a shiver -- he was damned if he was going to stop. But Archie suddenly moved away, leaving him bereft.

“You should be in bed.”

Of all the times to fuss! He was fine- he just wanted- “ I am not a child.” The words had left his mouth before he noticed the light of mischief in his lover’s gaze.

“I’ll rephrase that. We should be in bed.”

William paused briefly to watch Archie divest himself -- savouring the curves and contours of his body -- before following his lover's example and slipping out of his remaining clothing. He was still undressed before Archie and was treated to a sight he would never tire of: Archie, totally naked before him with a smile that both soothed and heated in ways William had never felt with anyone else. He pulled Archie down, needing him now. So beautiful.

Oh, that was good Archie knew just where to touch, just where to taste. More. He needed more and Archie responded, knowing his needs without need for words. Too soon -- far too soon -- it was over. William lay back, sated and exhausted, never wanting to move again. This is perfect. He pulled Archie close and placed a kiss on his forehead.

"It is good to be home, Archie."

Series this work belongs to: